Communications between school and home have never been more important — for weather notification, emergency alerts or other general announcements. Your school, Blue Creek, is implementing a SchoolReach broadcast system which enables school personnel to notify all households and parents by phone, email and text within minutes of an emergency, inclement weather, unplanned event or other school communication.
This notification service is provided by SchoolReach, a company specializing in school-to-home communications. The service has the flexibility to provide voice, text and email messages based upon the contact information the school has on file for your student. There is also an “app” for iPhone and Android mobile devices.
Blue Creek School, SD3 will also continue to report school closings due to weather or other events, on KCTR 102.9, HOT 101.9, KULR 8, and KTVQ 2 as well as our school site at bluecreekschool.org
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
This requires NO registration by the parent/guardian on the SchoolReach website.
All information and contact numbers are strictly secure and confidential and are only used for the purposes described here.
In an effort to ensure you receive these communications, please note the following:
1) Please make sure the school’s office has updated contact information on file.
2) Caller ID: The call ID will display 406-259-0653, which is the main number for Blue Creek School.
3) Live Answers: SchoolReach uses voice detection technology so you only need to say “hello” once. The message will usually begin in a few seconds after it detects your voice. Please note that multiple “hellos” will delay the message.
4) Message Retrieval Line: SchoolReach archives our school’s messages for 30 days, just in case you miss them. Simply call — from the phone number you have on file — this number: 855-955-8500 and follow the prompts to hear any/all messages sent.
5) Parent page: Recipients may register their numbers at: parents.schoolreach.com to review past messages and manage Opt-In preferences.
6) Answering Machines/Voice Mail: The system also detects answering machines and voice mailboxes and will deliver the recorded message. Please note that the recommended number of rings for answering machines is four and be sure that recordings are free of any “pauses.”
7) Message Repeat: At the end of the message you will be prompted to ‘press any key’ to hear the message again. This is very helpful when a child answers the phone and hands it to a parent, who can then ‘repeat’ the message in its entirety.
8) Attendance: Your school is using SchoolReach for daily attendance, you will be notified each day that your child is absent when not confirmed by a parent/guardian by 8:45 am.
We are glad that your school has chosen SchoolReach to provide school-to-home communications all in an effort to make sure your child(ren) are safe, secure and learning! If you have any questions, please contact Blue Creek School at 406-259-0653.